Thoughts, reviews, rants, laments, and general chatting about the wonderful world(s) of comic books.
Mar 5, 2020
The 40 Years of Comics Project - Day 1835: Hard Time Season 2 #4, May 2006
Cindy's back story! She is such a fascinating character, occupying a very central yet liminal space in the jail. Her story is unsurprising in a lot of ways, being the story of so, so many queer kids. A mother that cannot accept her child's difference, the people at school cannot accept her difference, and it really is only in the prison that Cindy is allowed to be who she is. There's still cruelty, but in a microcosm of broken and damaged people, Cindy's particular difference is benign. As it should really have been on the outside too.
The Cutter story appears to be ramping up, and will hopefully have a satisfying(ish) ending in the next 2 issues. The final issue bears the label "49 Years Later," mocked up to look like the "1 Year Later" label that followed Infinite Crisis, which was occurring in the DCU at the same time as Hard Time, so I imagine any hanging threads of the current story will have to be dealt with before that final issue. I hope that any hanging threads of the current story will be dealt with. I'm still convinced that there are some of the ideas of Omega being dealt with in this series, though the setting skews things a bit.
My brain is not processing things properly today, I don't think. It's taking me ages to type this, and I'm not really saying anything.
More to follow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment