Thoughts, reviews, rants, laments, and general chatting about the wonderful world(s) of comic books.
Mar 3, 2020
The 40 Years of Comics Project - Day 1833: Hard Time Season 2 #2, March 2006
Today's issue was much more prison drama than metaphysical action adventure. Ethan learns the hard way (which seems to be the norm for him) that even if you follow the rules of the penitentiary, you can sometimes lose.
The story, as with yesterday's, seemed much more about the establishment of the setting and situation than it was about furthering the plot. Much is made of the arrival of Cutter, a "celebrity" serial killer, who only shows up on the last page, and appears to portend trouble for our superpowered stalwart. Again, I'm sure that much of what we're being told was meant to play out over the course of much more than 7 issues, so I'm trying to read the series as if I didn't know it was cancelled prematurely.
Not so easy.
More to follow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment