Pages

Mar 5, 2015

The 40 Years of Comics Project - Day 9: 2000 A.D. Presents v.2 #9, December 1986


This is the first time I've read this comic. Which is pretty neat, really. So, we have the return of Judge Anderson, and the story was pretty neat. A tale of demonic possession. The occult is always a strange thing to find in a science fiction setting. Many of them eschew spiritual belief entirely, humankind having "grown up" and left religion behind. But I don't think that's something that's in our collective makeup. We'll always need belief, myth.
The Dan Dare story is super-ridiculous. Basically he's captaining a warship and they're tearing into this autonomous sector of the galaxy called the Lost Worlds, blowing the crap out of anyone who gets in their way. Really kind of fascist, now that I really think about it.
Harry Twenty has such potential to be like an outer space "Oz" (there's me dating myself). But again, I think that space and time limitation gets in the way of its development. That, and Finley-Day has some really bad dialogue. Really bad.
I'm co-chairing a conference this weekend, so I don't know how in depth the next couple of days will be. Y'know, 'cause it's all been so in depth so far.
See you tomorrow.

No comments: