Pages

Mar 6, 2015

The 40 Years of Comics Project - Day 10: 2000 A.D. Presents v.2 #11, February 1987

http://www.comics.org/issue/42540/

The second last of my 2000 A.D. kick-off reads. The Anderson stuff is pretty good, kind of weird and demon-y, which I wasn't expecting from a Dredd-verse comic, as I mentioned yesterday. Dare continues to be a fascist in the guise of a freedom fighter, and it's weird. He's like the dark version of Kirk from the original Star Trek. In fact, I could totally see Dare and his cronies as the Mirror Universe doubles of the Enterprise crew. Intertextuality......
"Harry 20" is actually picking up, and I really hope I have the conclusion to the story in the next issue of this comic, otherwise I'm going to have to see about tracking down the bits and pieces. The dialogue is still pretty bad, but the story beneath it is pretty cool. I'm not even sure the whole story was published in this series, which, according to the GCD, only ran 13 issues.
That's it for today.

No comments: