Pages

Sep 20, 2018

The 40 Years of Comics Project - Day 1303: Tales Too Terrible to Tell #8, May-June 1993

https://www.comics.org/issue/97729/

A cool reprint title that I've had kicking about since I had my store, though it's apparently quite a bit older than that.

The reprints are all black and white, drawn from original art, and all from pre-Code horror titles. Editor George Suarez has an encyclopedic knowledge and collection of this era of comics, and he's only too happy to share with the readers.

It's kind of a nice irony that the short essay in the comic covering one of the big horror comic publishers of the time was on Harvey Comics. I've just finished reading a collection of their horror comics, so it was cool to get a little bit of background. What the comic also does is make me want to track down more reprints. And it'll have to be reprints as far as these comics go, I think. There's no way I can afford originals.

Well....maybe just one...

More to come...

No comments: