Pages

May 12, 2017

The 40 Years of Comics Project - Day 807: Greatest Hits #2, December 2008

https://www.comics.org/issue/542862/

This comic continues to be entertaining, and I think it's likely I'll be tracking down the remaining issues. My concerns over some of the more inflammatory bits yesterday were, I think, unfounded. Our narrator, Nick, is kind of an ass, so his use of derogatory language toward trans people is in keeping with the character. As, I think, is the behaviour of The Mates in Newark. Mr. Tischmann and Mr. Fabry are going for accuracy through a historical lens, rather than a contemporary one, which adds to the authenticity of the piece, and also has us question the often misplaced nostalgia for the bygone era of the Summer of Love.

But I'm feeling crappy again, so I don't have much more to say.

To be continued.

No comments: