Pages

Apr 16, 2016

The 40 Years of Comics Project - Day 417: Krypto the Super Dog #1, November 2006 ("Hey Kids! Comics!" Week, Day 5)

http://www.comics.org/issue/307634/

A bit of a lackluster entry into our week of kids' comics. While I like Krypto in the regular DC continuity (when he's around, that is), I don't really like the idea of him being basically a human being in a dog's body. He's a dog, and should probably act like it. This, of course, would not make for an interesting comic for younger readers, or TV show for younger viewers, and if I really want my super-powered animals that are actually animals, Morrison's We3 does everything that that story can do perfectly.

One thing I will say that I enjoyed about this comic was the characterization of Ace, the Bat Hound. If dogs and their owners eventually come to resemble one another, Batman and Ace are a prime example.

More tomorrow, with another trip into DC's past. Onward!

No comments: