Pages

Mar 7, 2016

The 40 Years of Comics Project - Day 377: 7 Guys of Justice #4, December 2000


Back into the collection, and we're onto the next storyline in 7 Guys. Well, as much as there are storylines. I'll admit that, though I do love this comic, it took a while to get any coherency going after the first three issue arc. This particular issue does a nice job of setting up a number of plots, both short and long-term, from the looks of things, though I'm not sure all of them have a chance to play out. There's also a nice page of Nightie Knight being the badass she has so very much potential to be, while at the same time offering a pretty great commentary on the (currently receding) state of the female body in superhero comics.



7 Guys is another of those comics like yesterday's that came about in the early 2000s and was offering a very interesting reading of the state of the superhero. And again, done in an independent comic. There's something interesting going on here that needs thinking about.

As I read through this issue, I was struck by an odd thought: I'd really like to write the 7 Guys of Justice. I think they'd be an amazing team to tell stories with. Perhaps I need to go track down Mssrs. Joines and Rowe, and see if they want to revive the title.

Onward!

No comments: