Pages

Mar 5, 2016

The 40 Years of Comics Project - Day 375: The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl(s) v.2 #5, April 2016


Apologies - this is going to be a short one. I'm presenting at a conference tomorrow morning, and need to hit the hay.

But, really, what more can I say about The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl that I haven't already gushed all over the Internet? This comic is what superhero comics are all about. It's smart, it's funny, it's got heart, and it's beautiful to look at. And the letters page is full of people dressed as Squirrel Girl, and most of them are adorable little girls who LOVE THIS COMIC! Please think about how important that is - we've been whining in the industry (that's right, I consider myself a part of the industry) about bringing in new readers f or years and USG is doing it, right now, before our very eyes. Not only that, but it's bringing in female readers. That's phenomenal on so many levels.

Just go and read this comic. Please? It's so good.

No comments: