Pages

Jan 27, 2016

The 40 Years of Comics Project - Day 337: Thorr-Sverd: The Sword of Thor, 1987


I don't have much to say about this comic. It was pretty mediocre. The most clever thing about it is the first page, which is a picture of Odin as a young man that lines up perfectly with the image on the cover. It's a nice touch, but unfortunately the only one that I found interesting.

The art is passable (which I often think is a very arrogant thing for me to say since my artistic abilities are not even that), though I have some serious questions about the proportions of the Norse Gods in this comic. I couldn't really get a good sense of the story, three issues in, and according to the GCD, this is the final issue, so the tale remains fragmentary.

Which, now that I think of it, is kind of neat. It's like an incomplete tale of these gods, a fragment like the fragments we often run across with ancient texts (stuff like The Epic of Gilgamesh). I wish I could say I was curious as to what was going to happen, but I'm not.

Onward.

No comments: