Pages

Dec 9, 2015

The 40 Years of Comics Project - Day 288: Weirdworld #5, December 2015


I finally got around to picking up the last issue of this Secret Wars crossover. There's an incredible splash page in the center of this book of Crystal Warriors and Magma Men, Eyemazons and Ogres, Man-Things and nuclear-bomb carrying butterflies which is unfortunately too big to fit on my scanner, so you'll have to take my word for it. But the best part, the most wonderful part, of this comic is the final page that proclaims we're getting a new series starting this very month. Colour me excited. I'm hoping it's the same creative team, but even if it's not, the setting has hooked me, and I'm thoroughly intrigued to see how this odd little dimension will fit into the post-Secret Wars Marvel U.

Fair warning, there's a bit of a spoiler for Secret Wars in this issue, but I think we're all going to just have to deal with that since the series is trending a bit longer than I think was intended. And we always knew that a reconstituted Earth was somewhere on the horizon. The fun part is seeing how we get there.

Right, so that's another of my forays into the Secret Wars completed. Just gotta get that last issue of Squadron Sinister, and hope that poor Doctor Zero makes a recovery.

I'm not holding my breath. See you tomorrow.

No comments: