Pages

Nov 29, 2015

The 40 Years of Comics Project - Day 278: Chase #1000000, November 1998


And so we come to the end of this iteration of Chase. I'm excited to track down the short stories, but sad that this comic ended the way it did. There was obviously so much more to the story, and I really do think this could have been one of the greats, alongside Starman or Doom Patrol.

I've mentioned before my predilection for the DC One Million crossover, and it's nice to have one last little taste of it along with my last little taste of Chase. I even purposely did not read this issue as I was making my way through DC One Million this week, just to save until the end of my Chase reading. A cool future. The DEO as secretive security cult. Like the Men in Black, but all Women in Black, and operating in a future we can barely conceive.

Sentences like that are why I love comics.

Do yourself a favour and grab the Chase collected edition, and get into this comics. It's really excellent. Tomorrow....no idea. But it'll be something. See you then.

No comments: