Pages

Nov 28, 2015

The 40 Years of Comics Project - Day 277: Secret Invasion: Fantastic Four #1, July 2008


I'll admit, I'm drunk while writing this.

I'd meant to post Chase #1000000 today, but eleven o'clock rolled 'round, and after much wine and whiskey, I decided it would be best if I blogged a comic I'd read earlier, rather than trying to read another one in my current state.

I picked up the trade of this series today, so this first issue is actually contained in the book. I'd avoided most of the Secret Invasion crossovers, except for the Runaways/Young Avengers one, but it was cool so see this little interregnum in the story, and I look forward to rereading it the next time I make my way through the Secret Invasion story.

Both M. Aguirre-Sacasa and M. Kitson do a fantastic job (pun fully intended) on this series. Kitson really is an unsung hero of the superhero genre. His lines and depictions are always amazing.

That's all I have in me right now. Hopefully Chase tomorrow.

No comments: