Pages

Nov 12, 2015

The 40 Years fo Comics Project - Day 261: Nightside #1, December 2001


I remember getting this comic in at my store. There was something in the solicitation about it being one of Marvel's first creator-owned titles. I think. To be honest, that cover is really all that ever sticks in my head about this comic. But it is indeed creator-owned, copyrighted by Robert Weinberg, a name I am not familiar with.

The story's a typical urban horror-fantasy. Human detective plys her trade amongst the vampires and werewolves that inhabit the "nightside" of the city. Maybe back in 2001, this was somehow innovative (remember, this was probably just as Fables was starting up), but it just feels dated now.

I don't have much else to say about this comic. It's not the worst thing I've read. It's not the best. It was a random selection (I cleaned up my storage room today, so my comics are a little more accessible. More random shenanigans tomorrow!).

No comments: