Pages

May 27, 2015

The 40 Years of Comics Project - Day 92: Howard the Duck (2015) #3, July 2015


I love Howard the Duck. Let's be completely clear about that. When I was a kid I watched the movie over and over, and I didn't care how bad it was. When I discovered Steve Gerber's brilliant work from the mid-seventies, I understood the vitriol with which the movie was regarded. And since discovering Gerber's Duck, I've tried to track down all of his appearances. I'm still searching.

This latest series is....okay, so far. It hasn't blown me away the same way Moon Knight or Squirrel Girl have, but it's okay. I think I'm biased, much in the same way Morrison's Doom Patrol has made me biased, in that I always want something to recapture that original thrill that I got reading the first Howard comics. This comic hasn't done that yet, but at least I'm getting new Howard adventures on a monthly basis.

So we'll see.

Short post today. I've had a long 6 months, and I'm going to go and sleep. Tomorrow I start catching up on the posts I've missed. See you then.

No comments: