Pages

Dec 4, 2018

The 40 Years of Comics Project - Day 1378: Cannon God Exaxxion #2, December 2001


Okay. I think maybe it's time to get back to it. This has been a brutal week, and I'd be kidding myself if I thought that I was even remotely better. But I work in an industry that sadly cares little for its employees, as far as I can tell, so it's time to bundle all that misery and pain back down into the little (okay, not so little) ball I've been storing it in for the last couple of decades.

Yesterday I decided I wanted to read some light-hearted manga, and this series seemed a good fit. There's a ton of fan service, which I just don't get (well, I do, but I don't, if you see what I mean), but it also seems to be telling what looks to be an intriguing alien invasion story. The drag is that I thought I had a good long run of the series, and I do, all 8 issues of the first arc - with the exception of issues 3 and 4. *sigh*

This won't stop me from reading them. I've got to get out of the habit of wanting to complete these series before reading them. If my dream of a comics research library is ever achieved, then I'll try to complete them. But for now, fragments will have to do.

More to come...

No comments: