Pages

Jul 4, 2018

The 40 Years of Comics Project - Day 1225: Tweety and Sylvester #77, January 1978

https://www.comics.org/issue/225004/

There's an evolution of the relationship between Tweety and Sylvester in today's comic that I quite like. Don't worry. Sylvester is still trying to eat Tweety, but he's also strangely best friends with him. They hang out, have adventures, and then out of the blue, Sylvester will try to eat Tweety, get defeated, and then they'll keep hanging out. It's very, very weird. And that look on Sylvester's face on the cover makes me wonder how this comic would read if it underwent the Garfield Minus Garfield treatment. What would the tale of a lonely, crazed cat be like?

I've still not come across anything to pull me into these comics, though. I'm not invested in the characters. Well, maybe Andy Panda. He seemed to be a bit savvy.

More to come...

No comments: