Pages

Jul 12, 2018

The 40 Years of Comics Project - Day 1233: Fear #19, December 1973

https://www.comics.org/issue/26976/

We're going to start getting into one of my favourite characters, Howard the Duck, this week. But not til tomorrow - I'm off to a drag show tonight, and haven't the time to blog this right now.

But I'm super excited to read some Howard. I love him.

More to come...

(Edit a few days later: Here's the thing about this comic - it's important to me in that it's the first appearance of Howard the Duck, and it's in pretty great shape, which is always nice. But, really, it's a Man-Thing story. Howard's appearance in the issue is solely as a member of the swamp creature's retinue as he shamblingly saves the universe. In fact, in the next part of the story, Howard is unceremoniously dumped into infinite, interdimensional space. But don't worry. We'll catch up with him soon...)

No comments: