Pages

Jun 13, 2017

The Earth-H Files - Josie in "Special Date"

When I was doing my B.A., I wrote a short paper on the Hostess pastry ads in comics, looking at how they were utilizing particular theoretical concepts from a class on popular culture. The paper's a bit crude, but what it does nicely is demonstrate my fascination with this strange realm, known to fans affectionately as "Earth-H," where even the most egregious of problems can be solved with mediocre pre-packaged pastries. I thought it might be fun to post the adventures of our favourite characters in this simpler world as a feature on the Giant Box.

(Dear Archie Comics, Marvel Comics, DC Comics, and Hostess - I'm not trying to rip you off. Please don't sue me.)

From Archie's Girls Betty and Veronica #246, June 1976.


No comments: