Pages

May 27, 2017

The 40 Years of Comics Project - Day 822: Iron Man #203, February 1986

https://www.comics.org/issue/41114/

Our last issue of Iron Man for now sees Stark trying to regain control of his life after the suicide of Obadiah Stane. Stane is so evil, he's actually set up a system whereby if he doesn't enter a particular code every so often, Tony's fortune will be electronically erased. So, like any good former multi-millionaire industrialist superhero, Stark shrinks himself to minute size, flies into the computer, and stops the erasure of his fortune.

These things just happen. It's one of the parts of the MCU that irks me a good deal. Something crazy will happen in one of the television shows, and everyone acts like it's the weirdest thing they've ever seen. When aliens have actually invaded New York through a hole in the sky, and an entire city started floating off into the air, you'd think that no one would be particularly surprised by the other strangeness.

I have to say that this last week of Iron Man has not made me any more of a fan of the character. Granted, I didn't get into much, but, as I noted in an earlier post, I enjoy him much more as part of a team than as a solo hero.

And, I think, that's all I have to say about him. For now, anyway. I'll of course get back into the vast amount of Iron Man comics in the collection eventually. I think that I must have bought a collection when I had my store from someone who actually was a fan. I can't think of any other reason I'd have so many of them. Tomorrow we're going to start a week of another character I've never really taken to: The Incredible Hulk.

To be continued.

No comments: