Pages

Jan 25, 2017

The 40 Years of Comics Project - Day 700: Think Tank #2, September 2012

http://www.comics.org/issue/1015282/

When I think of Top Cow, I certainly don't think of black and white comics. But here we have one, about a military scientist having an attack of conscience and trying to escape from a position that he's come to realize is one he's not allowed to leave.

I don't have much to say about this comic. I don't feel particularly bad for the main character, whose spent the better part of a decade, perhaps, creating weapons that kill by remote control, and is now coming to realize the moral problems with such invention. The real key to this kind of conundrum is don't make things that are better for killing. There'd be a lot less wars now, I think, if we still had to attack one another with swords.

More tomorrow. Onward!

No comments: