Pages

Jul 22, 2016

The 40 Years of Comics Project - Day 514: Batman, Inc. #1, January 2011

http://www.comics.org/issue/787892/

Okay, apologies, but this will be a short one. I think my favourite thing in this comic is the utter and explicit depiction of Bruce and Selina Kyle having a "friends with benefits" relationship. It makes complete sense, and hopefully will keep Alfred off Bruce's back about having meaningful relationships (the conversation that starts Morrison's Bat-Opus).

Paquette's art is, of course, fucking beautiful, but I'm still feeling a bit of the loss of the Dick and Damian dialogue that made Batman and Robin under Morrison's pen such a joy. Bruce may be reinvigorated, but he's still a morose piece of work.

Anyway, that's it, I think. I'm a bit burned out today. I'll try to pull things together more tomorrow as we continue Bruce and Selina's Japanese adventure.

Onward!

No comments: