Pages

May 12, 2016

Comics to Check Out - Redcoat West, by Natalie Asplund

I'm part of a research project with Catherine Burwell of the Werklund School of Education at the University of Calgary (that's a lot of capitals), a project that focusses on young creators in digital and traditional media, and their relationship to intellectual property laws.

As part of the research for the project, I'm doing some interviews, and one of them will be with the creator of this comic, Redcoat West: A North West Mounted Police webcomic. I've just finished reading the first chapter, and it's really excellent.

I'm not super familiar with webcomics, but I'm trying to branch out. This comic pulled me in and kept me interested - it puts me in mind of Scott Chantler's excellent Northwest Passage series, though with a little more sci-fi. You should check it out.


No comments: