Pages

Mar 4, 2008

Gary Gygax passes away

I know it's not specifically comic-related, but I don't care. I can't really express the influence on my life of the games that Mr. Gygax championed. When I discovered role playing games in grade 7, I joined the small, generally poorly regarded gaming club we had at school (where we were completely unallowed to play D&D, 'cause it was SATANIC!), and met a group of people who became my family. I still see them every week, and they are some of the best, brightest, and most creative and stimulating people I know. We don't necessarily play that many games any more, but the relationships we created through the medium of role-playing have lasted, and will last, the rest of our lives. Thank you, Mr. Gygax, for everything you did directly for the gaming industry, and indirectly, for my life.

No comments: